Visual Artist and Craft Maker Awards (VACMA): Edinburgh 22/23
05 Sep 2022
The City of Edinburgh Council, in partnership with Creative Scotland, offer funding opportunities to Visual Artists /Craft Makers who can demonstrate a commitment to developing their creative practice.
Applicants must be living or working or maintaining a studio space within Edinburgh.
The VACMA scheme offers two levels of bursaries, you should apply for the one that best suits your situation.
- Bursaries of £750 - For applicants that have been practising for over 5 years, regardless of whether they have gone through formal education or not
- Early-career bursaries of £500 - For applicants that have less than 5 years’ experience outside of education/training (graduated in 2017 or later) or that have not studied art formally but have been practising as an artist for up to 5 years.
Examples of things that have been funded
- Researching a new body of work
- Experimenting with new materials
- Skills development and courses
- Artistic mentoring
- Residencies that have a clear selection and support structure
- Additional support for making new work for exhibition.
Round 1: Tuesday, 25 October 2022, 5pm
Round 2: Tuesday, 07 February 2023, 5pm
The VACMA: Edinburgh application documents are available to download below. Please read the VACMA Guidance document and Frequently Asked Questions document carefully before applying.
Visit Creative Scotland VACMA to find out more general information.