Step by Step Guide
Edinburgh is an event friendly city and we welcome applications to host events.
These are the steps you must consider in order to allow your event to take place in Edinburgh:
- Obtain permission from the venue/landowner for the event (& check availability). If on Council-owned land, you will be required to complete and submit the Public Spaces Events application form.
- Identify what other permissions (licences/permits/road closures etc) may be required for the event and submit the relevant applications. Please be aware some timescales may vary.
- Prepare your event management plan and risk assessments.
- For large or more complex events, an EPOG meeting with relevant stakeholders may be called to discuss your plans. This is chaired by the Council’s Public Safety team.
- Advertise the event; let people know when/where the event will be held and any conditions of attendance.
Please note early notification is recommended.